Basic stuff you need to be a functioning member
- Be excellent to each other
- Even if someone is not being excellent, you should be too
- Leave it cleaner than you found it
- If it will be here without you, put a label on it.
- Ask Questions.
- No working on Firearms - Federal law
- Don't Die here
Safety in the Space
- Everything here is trying to kill you.
- Don't attempt to bypass the safety interlock
- Everyone is responsible for Safety - be aware of others when using tools.
- Use personal safety equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, dust masks..)
- First aid kits are in the Classroom, and just outside of the classroom.
- Every area in the building has Fire Extinguishers - Find them!
There 2 classes of tools. Open use and ones that require training. Under 16 need supervision
Tools requiring training
- Wood Shop - (John) Black saw table saw, jointer, planer, dual drum sander, CNC machine, and the wood Lathes
- Metal shop - If is uses electricity or fire you need training
- Machine shop (Phil)- Everything. 3D Printer, Scanning Electron Microscope,
How to get training
- Take the Class. (monthly welding class $)
- 3d printer and laser (Rory)
- Find someone who will teach you. Talk to the Area Manager.
- General Member Tub Storage - Put it in a cubby with a parking permit (24x18x26)
- Big project storage - For active Projects only, talk to email@example.com
Dumpsters are on the west side of the building - Big is Trash/small is recycling Cleaning supplies are in the stairwell to the shop floor, some in the classroom too
Quarterly Cleaning - Once a quarter, on a Saturday (10a-6p) First Saturday in November. is the next one
Last one here
- Check if you are actually the last one here
- As you check, turn off the lights. (woodshop is hidden in Ibeam, metal shop is in the breaker box, Woodshop machine room, cant be shut off)
- Check Doors (Metal Shop, member Storage, Dock door, Front Door)
- Set the alarm - Keypad by shop floor Code is #### Green check mark should be on. you have 2 minutes to leave.
First one here
1. Adults have a key 2. If the panel is beeping at you it is set, you have 2 minutes to turn off the alarm.
Annual membership meeting on Oct 20. Voting for 7 Member board.
Email is the best way to get help - See the contacts page [tcmaker.org/wiki TC Maker Wiki]